> Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Pages: 1 2 3

........................................................................

#1 2017-10-12 16:23:04

Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Naturally, libs are insane with rage.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 752816001/
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said she hadn't seen the finer points of the executive order. "But I do know it's a sabotage of the Affordable Care Act."

........................................................................

#2 2017-10-12 16:24:51

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

I'm sure her constituents who've been getting double-digit % yearly increases on their Obamacare will appreciate her principled stand on this matter.

........................................................................

#3 2017-10-12 16:26:49

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Trump is a MADMAN

........................................................................

Hell_Is_Like_Newark
#4 2017-10-12 16:28:37

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

From the article:

"Those association health plans already exist, but federal rules limit them to employees of small businesses with a "commonality of interest." Trump will ask federal agencies to rewrite the rules to allow them to be larger and sell plans across state lines. And because those plans won't have the same minimum coverage requirements as Obamacare, the premiums may be cheaper.

That's why Obamacare supporters are concerned that the association plans will turn into the kind of bare-bones catastrophic policies the Affordable Care Act outlawed. If young, healthy consumers helping to subsidize older, sicker patients pull out of state exchanges, that will result in even higher premiums for the Obamacare plans."

Catastrophic care plan is what I wanted to purchase for years, but was barred due to state regulations (NJ, NY, and VT did a version of Obamacare back in the '90s to try to force the healthy to pay for the sick).  I can buy such a plan for my cat.. but not myself.

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#5 2017-10-12 16:29:31

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

From your own article.... sounds peachy keen:

That's why Obamacare supporters are concerned that the association plans will turn into the kind of bare-bones catastrophic policies the Affordable Care Act outlawed. If young, healthy consumers helping to subsidize older, sicker patients pull out of state exchanges, that will result in even higher premiums for the Obamacare plans.

"You’ll have one part of the market that’s offering garbage insurance at cut-rate prices and another part of the market that’s very vulnerable to a death spiral," said Eliot Fishman, senior director of health policy at Families USA, which supports the law.


........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#6 2017-10-12 16:33:05

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Hell_Is_Like_Newark wrote:

Catastrophic care plan is what I wanted to purchase for years, but was barred due to state regulations (NJ, NY, and VT did a version of Obamacare back in the '90s to try to force the healthy to pay for the sick).  I can buy such a plan for my cat.. but not myself.

Hey dummy, most of Obamacare plans ARE catastrophic insurance. Did you not notice the people complaining about the deductibles?

The reason they are expensive is because they are NOT garbage plans. They actually COVER you if you have a catastrophe!
And, Republicans obstructed and did not allow even minor fixes to regulate things and keep prices reasonable.

Go back to posting to your hate blog. That's what you are best at doing. You aren't very good at analysis.

........................................................................

#7 2017-10-12 16:36:30

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

From your own article.... sounds peachy keen:

That's why Obamacare supporters are concerned that the association plans will turn into the kind of bare-bones catastrophic policies the Affordable Care Act outlawed. If young, healthy consumers helping to subsidize older, sicker patients pull out of state exchanges, that will result in even higher premiums for the Obamacare plans.

"You’ll have one part of the market that’s offering garbage insurance at cut-rate prices and another part of the market that’s very vulnerable to a death spiral," said Eliot Fishman, senior director of health policy at Families USA, which supports the law.


Here's a news flash... young people don't need a lot of health insurance.  They are healthy.  You want to put the weight of the baby boomers on them. 

Also, my auto insurance doesn't pay for oil changes why should my health insurance pay for $20 birth control?

You libbies need to get over the fact that Obamacare was written without GOP input and it was written by Human beings, not the creator almighty.  Obamacare is not and never was a perfect plan.

But you're right... fuq the younger generation.

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#8 2017-10-12 16:40:03

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

wrote:

Here's a news flash... young people don't need a lot of health insurance.  They are healthy.

You just want gimmedats for young people. Because that's what happens when a young person goes without insurance or buys cheap Garbage Insurance and then is wheeled into the ER after a car crash.

Obamacare offers catostrophic insurance. It is expensive because it is NOT garbage insurance and actually covers you. Also Repukes in congress onstructed and did not allow tweaks of regulations to make insurance cheaper. They simply insisted on repeal.

........................................................................

#9 2017-10-12 16:42:21

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

You just want gimmedats for young people. Because that's what happens when a young person goes without insurance or buys cheap Garbage Insurance and then is wheeled into the ER after a car crash.

Obamacare offers catostrophic insurance. It is expensive because it is NOT garbage insurance and actually covers you. Also Repukes in congress onstructed and did not allow tweaks of regulations to make insurance cheaper. They simply insisted on repeal.

That "cheap garbage insurance" is exactly what they need. A $10,000 deductible for $20/month.  You get in a car wreck bam it kicks in.  demographically speaking, young people suffer chronic expensive diseases (diabetes, cancer, alzheimer's, CHF etc) at a much lower rate than seniors.

Yet you want to force these young, debt laden people with a $300/month insurance.  Why do you hate the future of our nation?  Is it because every influential democrat is older than 70?

........................................................................

#10 2017-10-12 16:42:30

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

catostrophic
onstructed

Shytpig using the account today?

........................................................................

Hell_Is_Like_Newark
#11 2017-10-12 16:49:55

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

Hey dummy, most of Obamacare plans ARE catastrophic insurance. Did you not notice the people complaining about the deductibles?

.

No it isn't catastrophic coverage.  O-care has a laundry list of mandated benefits and is geared towards providing the chronically fat, sick, and poor with subsidized coverage.  O-care fails because healthy young people chose to pay the fines.. or ignore the fines rather than pay into a program that would drain away their disposable income.

I went without insurance for a while because NJ wanted to force me to pay for a plan that would have cost me over $600 a month with lots of coverage I didn't need.  Why would I need to pay for maternity & pre-natal care as a 25 year old male? Why would I need drug addiction treatment when I don't even smoke pot?  Same issue with Obamacare.  Over in PA, I could buy the exact plan I wanted:

Emergency room care (keeps me from getting charge $10k for a single stitch)
Catastrophic care up to $3 million
High deductible.
All routine doctor visits, tests, etc.. I paid out of pocket. 

Cost:  $90 to $125 a month, depending on the deductible I chose. Included a tax free MSA (no HSA) plan with it to save up to cover the deductible (which I could choose as high as $25k or more).

I added up what I would had in savings if I had that plan from when I wanted to buy it (age 25).  About $130,000 given what my investments have returned on average since then.  That is AFTER subtracting about $20k in out of pocket expenses (assuming the insurance covered nothing) covering an accident I had about 8 years ago.

........................................................................

#12 2017-10-12 17:07:42

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

THis is just another example of how Baggers either do not understand how insurance markets actually work, or they genuinely want to hurt the poor and weak.

If you allow the young to buy super cheap, barebones plans, that leaves only older, sicker people in the pool. Which means the prices for those older and sicker people will rise, sharply. You need the contributions of younger people to offset the costs of older people.

But baggers, who are dumb as fuqing rocks, don't care about people. They just want to get rid of Obamacare because its named after a black guy.

........................................................................

#13 2017-10-12 17:08:43

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Well, the hospitals and doctors actually pushed Obamacare upon us to force the bucks to have some insurance when they use the emergency room as a free health clinic.  Bare bones coverage won't do anything to stop that at all.  The bucks will go right back to being bucks about medical care.


Hell_Is_Like_Newark wrote:

From the article:

"Those association health plans already exist, but federal rules limit them to employees of small businesses with a "commonality of interest." Trump will ask federal agencies to rewrite the rules to allow them to be larger and sell plans across state lines. And because those plans won't have the same minimum coverage requirements as Obamacare, the premiums may be cheaper.

That's why Obamacare supporters are concerned that the association plans will turn into the kind of bare-bones catastrophic policies the Affordable Care Act outlawed. If young, healthy consumers helping to subsidize older, sicker patients pull out of state exchanges, that will result in even higher premiums for the Obamacare plans."

Catastrophic care plan is what I wanted to purchase for years, but was barred due to state regulations (NJ, NY, and VT did a version of Obamacare back in the '90s to try to force the healthy to pay for the sick).  I can buy such a plan for my cat.. but not myself.

........................................................................

#14 2017-10-12 17:10:54

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

hey we are trying to kill off the old farts they  are some tenacious fuqers so if u have some better purge ideas other than traffic circles too many choices on the lunch menu or distracted doped up drivers be our guest we need to cull the mouthbreeders

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#15 2017-10-12 17:12:07

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

wrote:

That "cheap garbage insurance" is exactly what they need. A $10,000 deductible for $20/month.  You get in a car wreck bam it kicks in.

It doesn't "kick in" if it is "garbage", moron. There is a reason it is cheap. Coverage limits, loopholes, exceptions, etc.

........................................................................

Walter S Dempsey
#16 2017-10-12 17:16:57

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Deductibles are rubbish.

........................................................................

#17 2017-10-12 17:19:39

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

It doesn't "kick in" if it is "garbage", moron. There is a reason it is cheap. Coverage limits, loopholes, exceptions, etc.

Mine was just fine for me.  Cost me about 140/mo.  5000 deductible which I could pay for with my HSA if I needed it.

1M or 2M coverage cap, I can't remember.  Included 2 checkups a year and a 10/mo credit towards the gym.  If there were any loopholes I didn't know about it.  Was accepted pretty much everywhere.  Not tied to work, I worked for myself.

I am in my fifties.

Illegal now of course.

........................................................................

#18 2017-10-12 17:20:41

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Walter S Dempsey wrote:

Deductibles are rubbish.

Really?  Why?

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#19 2017-10-12 17:25:20

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Hell_Is_Like_Newark wrote:

Emergency room care (keeps me from getting charge $10k for a single stitch)
Catastrophic care up to $3 million
High deductible.
All routine doctor visits, tests, etc.. I paid out of pocket. 

Cost:  $90 to $125 a month, depending on the deductible I chose. Included a tax free MSA (no HSA) plan with it to save up to cover the deductible (which I could choose as high as $25k or more).

The small preventative mandates that Obamacare adds are not where the expense is. The expense comes from the things that make it NOT garbage insurance. Like, not relying on taxpayers for mercy after your healthcare costs more than $3 million dollars for instance. Unlimited insurance costs money, but it is required to be true catastrophic insurance instead of garbage.

It's the fine print that gets you. By saying it costs you only $90 a month, tells me you have a shytload of loopholes and refused coverages that are built into the fine print.

You're just cheap and want taxpayers to bail you out in a true catastrophe.

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#20 2017-10-12 17:32:04

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Hell_Is_Like_Newark wrote:

I went without insurance for a while because NJ wanted to force me to pay for a plan that would have cost me over $600 a month with lots of coverage I didn't need.

Yep, you're confirmed to be an idiot who wants taxpayers to bail you out in a catastrophe.

........................................................................

#21 2017-10-12 17:32:06

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

The small preventative mandates that Obamacare adds are not where the expense is. The expense comes from the things that make it NOT garbage insurance. Like, not relying on taxpayers for mercy after your healthcare costs more than $3 million dollars for instance. Unlimited insurance costs money, but it is required to be true catastrophic insurance instead of garbage.

It's the fine print that gets you. By saying it costs you only $90 a month, tells me you have a shytload of loopholes and refused coverages that are built into the fine print.

You're just cheap and want taxpayers to bail you out in a true catastrophe.

There shouldn't be such a thing as "healthcare costs more than $3 million" in the first place, especially when the vast majority of healthcare expenses come in the last decade of life.

Why did the "Affordable Care Act" do NOTHING to reduce the insane COST of healthcare in this country?

Why do we pay SO MUCH MORE for healthcare than the rest of the world, but our life expectancy, disease rates, etc are nowhere near the top?

........................................................................

Hell_Is_Like_Newark
#22 2017-10-12 17:39:04

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

The small preventative mandates that Obamacare adds are not where the expense is. The expense comes from the things that make it NOT garbage insurance. Like, not relying on taxpayers for mercy after your healthcare costs more than $3 million dollars for instance. Unlimited insurance costs money, but it is required to be true catastrophic insurance instead of garbage.

It's the fine print that gets you. By saying it costs you only $90 a month, tells me you have a shytload of loopholes and refused coverage that are built into the fine print.

You're just cheap and want taxpayers to bail you out in a true catastrophe.

I read the fine print as I was entertaining a move to PA.  There were no loopholes and there are already plenty of laws against insurance fraud. They didn't insure per-existing conditions and would charge me more if I participated in certain high risk activities like skydiving.  This was fine since I dind't have pre-existing conditions and I didn't jump out of airplanes. I also had to go through a medical screening to make sure that everything I claimed was true (i.e. didn't use drugs, wasn't fat).

Today, I can buy a catastrophic insurance plan.. but only for my cat.

........................................................................

Phillip_McCavity
#23 2017-10-12 17:42:05

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

What makes health insurance so expensive is risk. Obamacare limited the ability to differentiate insurance rates by risk groups with community rating and the age premium spread.

The way to get the lowest price on health insurance is through competition (which the executive order starts to do), and reduce regulations to allow a full range of products.


One very interesting idea is the concept of health status insurance. This is a financial product that insures against the possibility of developing a health condition that would raise your rates.

https://www.cato.org/publications/polic … h-security

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#24 2017-10-12 17:42:26

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

wrote:

Why did the "Affordable Care Act" do NOTHING to reduce the insane COST of healthcare in this country?

Republican obstructionism. Democrats wanted single payer.

........................................................................

#25 2017-10-12 17:42:32

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

The small preventative mandates that Obamacare adds are not where the expense is. The expense comes from the things that make it NOT garbage insurance. Like, not relying on taxpayers for mercy after your healthcare costs more than $3 million dollars for instance. Unlimited insurance costs money, but it is required to be true catastrophic insurance instead of garbage.

It's the fine print that gets you. By saying it costs you only $90 a month, tells me you have a shytload of loopholes and refused coverages that are built into the fine print.

You're just cheap and want taxpayers to bail you out in a true catastrophe.

The only thing that's garbage is your logic. You say we have to use tax payer money to bail people out, and yet the Supreme Court itself said obamacare is a tax. Which is?

Stop being so cheap. Pay your taxes so we can help the less fortunate.

........................................................................

Pages: 1 2 3