> Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Pages: 1 2 3

........................................................................

Hell_Is_Like_Newark
#26 2017-10-12 17:43:19

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

Yep, you're confirmed to be an idiot who wants taxpayers to bail you out in a catastrophe.

The chances of me ending up in the hospital would have ended in a negotiation in regards to what was due and what the payments would be.  I had income and some assets, so I wouldn't have been a 'ward of the state' like an illegal immigrant.  This of course would not be necessary if I was allowed to buy the policy that I wanted, which was illegal.  Years later, NJ did allow the writing of bare bones policies, which ended up being the most popular policies for young people.  No HSA with them though.  Those policies have since been banned by Obamacare.

........................................................................

anon user #2.1
#27 2017-10-12 17:46:08

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Yeah, let us see if it really lowers costs.

OF course they might....because they will also put some ridiculous $100,000 a year cap on benefits or some other such "bagger bullshyt".

And of course if they don't lower costs you'll just blame Obama or Hillary.  The GOP has it made because their supporters are TOTAL MORONS.  They can literally do anything!

........................................................................

Hell_Is_Like_Newark
#28 2017-10-12 17:46:41

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

Republican obstructionism. Democrats wanted single payer.

ACA was passed with strong Dem majorities in both houses and in control of the executive branch.  The Repubs were a non-factor in the passage.  Obamacare was designed to crash the private healthcare market, which it is on its way in doing so.  The replacement was going to be Medicare or Medicade for all under Hillary...  The election of Trump kind of ruined that plan.

........................................................................

#29 2017-10-12 17:48:32

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

Republican obstructionism. Democrats wanted single payer.

Because unlimited access to the public treasury always leads to such efficency and cost savings

Remember the $640 toilet seat scandal at the Defense Dept.?

........................................................................

Phillip_McCavity
#30 2017-10-12 17:49:31

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

wrote:

There shouldn't be such a thing as "healthcare costs more than $3 million" in the first place, especially when the vast majority of healthcare expenses come in the last decade of life.

Why did the "Affordable Care Act" do NOTHING to reduce the insane COST of healthcare in this country?

Why do we pay SO MUCH MORE for healthcare than the rest of the world, but our life expectancy, disease rates, etc are nowhere near the top?

Well, they come in either the last decade of life or the first few months of life. We taxpayers pay huge amounts to keep very premature infants alive. We also pay very large amounts on children that are born severely disabled.

I don't know what the right solution to that is. I suspect that the national health care services in many of these countries have strict rules over what care they deliver and aren't as ambitious.

Finally, most of the health care purchased goes only to a very small group of people. Stage 4 cancer victims, where survival is impossible, are incredibly lucrative for hospitals.

........................................................................

#31 2017-10-12 17:50:12

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

Republican obstructionism. Democrats wanted single payer.

That's not what they said.

........................................................................

anon user #2.1
#32 2017-10-12 17:52:54

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

wrote:

The only thing that's garbage is your logic. You say we have to use tax payer money to bail people out, and yet the Supreme Court itself said obamacare is a tax. Which is?

Stop being so cheap. Pay your taxes so we can help the less fortunate.

Obamacare is called CIVILIZATION.  That is where we just don't let fellow humans die for no reason.

........................................................................

#33 2017-10-12 17:57:15

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

anon user #2.1 wrote:

Obamacare is called CIVILIZATION.  That is where we just don't let fellow humans die for no reason.

Nobody is advocating that.  Trumps executive order isn't even damaging obamacare, it is changing it.

I know this is a surprise to you but obamacare is not the definition of perfect healthcare, even democrats will admit that. The only reason you are resistant to this is because it is not a democrat doing it.

........................................................................

#34 2017-10-12 18:01:54

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

anon user #2.1 wrote:

Obamacare is called CIVILIZATION.  That is where we just don't let fellow humans die for no reason.

So on your planet, allowing health insurance to be sold on a nationwide market will "let fellow humans die." 

........................................................................

anon user #2.1
#35 2017-10-12 18:02:33

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

wrote:

Nobody is advocating that.  Trumps executive order isn't even damaging obamacare, it is changing it.

I know this is a surprise to you but obamacare is not the definition of perfect healthcare, even democrats will admit that. The only reason you are resistant to this is because it is not a democrat doing it.

Well, remember when you and Trump complained about Obama doing things like this  with executive orders?

The ACA passed Congress.  Trump's bullshyt didn't.

........................................................................

anon user #2.1
#36 2017-10-12 18:04:49

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

wrote:

So on your planet, allowing health insurance to be sold on a nationwide market will "let fellow humans die." 

There is nothing wrong with that in itself, no.  But killing the ACA and replacing with that alone will mean millions dead ultimately.

Letting the insurers do whatever and charge they want obviously doesn't work.  If it did we would have the best health care system in the world for all.  Instead we have the best health care in the world for the top 1% and some of the worst in the world for the bottom 50%.

........................................................................

#37 2017-10-12 18:06:53

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

anon user #2.1 wrote:

Well, remember when you and Trump complained about Obama doing things like this  with executive orders?

The ACA passed Congress.  Trump's bullshyt didn't.

That's a fair point. I'd much rather this be codified by law.

And congress didn't pass the fetid ture known as obamacare, democrats did. The top wasn't even invited to the meetings.

........................................................................

#38 2017-10-12 18:07:40

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

anon user #2.1 wrote:

There is nothing wrong with that in itself, no.  But killing the ACA and replacing with that alone will mean millions dead ultimately.

Letting the insurers do whatever and charge they want obviously doesn't work.  If it did we would have the best health care system in the world for all.  Instead we have the best health care in the world for the top 1% and some of the worst in the world for the bottom 50%.

Some of the worst in the world.

Jesus fuq dude. Get a grip.

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#39 2017-10-12 18:08:55

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Hell_Is_Like_Newark wrote:

I read the fine print as I was entertaining a move to PA.  There were no loopholes and there are already plenty of laws against insurance fraud. They didn't insure per-existing conditions

Age is a pre-existing condition dummy. Even if you say "I got mine" (genetic health) you'll still get old and find that it is used against you. Or you could have a heart attack and now you have a pre-existing condition and you're fuqed.

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#40 2017-10-12 18:12:27

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Hell_Is_Like_Newark wrote:

The chances of me ending up in the hospital would have ended in a negotiation in regards to what was due and what the payments wou

So you have $20 million to avoid being a "ward of the state"?

No you don't... the truth is you are willing to gamble that you might end up being a deadbeat just so you can buy cheap garbage insurance, all the while slagging off democrats for insisting on true catastrophic coverage.

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#41 2017-10-12 18:13:32

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Hell_Is_Like_Newark wrote:

ACA was passed with strong Dem majorities in both houses and in control of the executive branch.  The Repubs were a non-factor in the passage.  Obamacare was designed to crash the private healthcare market, which it is on its way in doing so.  The replacement was going to be Medicare or Medicade for all under Hillary...  The election of Trump kind of ruined that plan.

So by voting for Trump, you and the baggers ended the chance for Single Payer. Thanks for admitting that.

........................................................................

#42 2017-10-12 18:18:39

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

So by voting for Trump, you and the baggers ended the chance for Single Payer. Thanks for admitting that.

Wow devastating response.

........................................................................

#43 2017-10-12 18:27:50

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

We had gas vans for the severely handicapped which worked just dandy.  It reduced their health costs to the state all the way to zero.
                         \
                 

........................................................................

#44 2017-10-12 19:56:30

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

anon user #2.1 wrote:

Yeah, let us see if it really lowers costs.

OF course they might....because they will also put some ridiculous $100,000 a year cap on benefits or some other such "bagger bullshyt".

And of course if they don't lower costs you'll just blame Obama or Hillary.  The GOP has it made because their supporters are TOTAL MORONS.  They can literally do anything!

Remember when Obama promised his plan would "save each family $2500 per year"? 

Funny, we still haven't seen you bitch about that bullshyt lie of the year.

........................................................................

anon user #2.1
#45 2017-10-12 20:08:30

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

We live in a nation where the sick don't go to the doctor because they are afraid of the bill.

We live in a country where people get in a bad accident and refuse the ambulance and the ER because it would cost them $5,000 for the ambulance alone.

How can you be proud of that?

........................................................................

anon user #2.1
#46 2017-10-12 20:09:37

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

wrote:

Remember when Obama promised his plan would "save each family $2500 per year"? 

Funny, we still haven't seen you bitch about that bullshyt lie of the year.

It saved me well over that.   It probably saved some $100,000+ a year.  OThers likely owe their very lives to Obama's ACA.

........................................................................

#47 2017-10-12 20:18:29

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

anon user #2.1 wrote:

It saved me well over that.   It probably saved some $100,000+ a year.  OThers likely owe their very lives to Obama's ACA.



Link to your bullshyt anecdote?

........................................................................

#48 2017-10-12 21:45:28

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

The insurance industry isn;t set up to sell across state lines.

I'm worried about shady off shore insurance companies

health insurance is not health care, arguing about how to fund a third party that leaches money off the top to provide a status is ridiculous

Direct payment for actual healthcare provided  is always less expensive than paying a third party for status for al that only a few will use. It's a stupid outdated system.

........................................................................

Walter S Dempsey
#49 2017-10-12 22:25:57

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

wrote:

THis is just another example of how Baggers either do not understand how insurance markets actually work, or they genuinely want to hurt the poor and weak.

If you allow the young to buy super cheap, barebones plans, that leaves only older, sicker people in the pool. Which means the prices for those older and sicker people will rise, sharply. You need the contributions of younger people to offset the costs of older people.

But baggers, who are dumb as fuqing rocks, don't care about people. They just want to get rid of Obamacare because its named after a black guy.

Don't we already pay for the old and sickly through medicare and medicaid?

........................................................................

#50 2017-10-12 22:53:01

Re: Trump allows health insurance to be sold across state lines. This radically increases provider competition and will lower costs

wrote:

Naturally, libs are insane with rage.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 752816001/
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said she hadn't seen the finer points of the executive order. "But I do know it's a sabotage of the Affordable Care Act."

This from the dumb qunt that said they had to vote on it before reading it? Fuq her and all libs that support that POS health plan.

........................................................................

Pages: 1 2 3