> Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Pages: 1 2

........................................................................

Phillip_McCavity
#1 2017-11-14 02:09:01

Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Its not a dance you do in the religious cult! This is the real deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serum_fre … easurement

........................................................................

Tom Leykis
#2 2017-11-14 02:16:40

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Can you use it to decorate your Christmas tree?

........................................................................

#3 2017-11-14 02:17:22

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

They should have injected you with cyanide.

........................................................................

#4 2017-11-14 02:18:19

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Tapeworms?
\

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#5 2017-11-14 02:49:45

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

are you okay?

........................................................................

Phillip_McCavity
#6 2017-11-14 03:14:15

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Sockpuppet wrote:

are you okay?

Probably. I'm still waiting for some tests.

I had an incredibly complete exam today. They looked at everything but nads.

........................................................................

Tom Leykis
#7 2017-11-14 03:17:28

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

We have to plan the annual CI party.

........................................................................

Truong the Vietnamese Twink
#8 2017-11-14 03:21:49

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Tom Leykis wrote:

We have to plan the annual CI party.

I don't have worms!

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#9 2017-11-14 03:23:01

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

........................................................................

Truong the Vietnamese Twink
#10 2017-11-14 03:23:51

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Tom Leykis wrote:

We have to plan the annual CI party.

I don't have worms!

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#11 2017-11-14 06:12:43

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Phillip_McCavity wrote:

Probably. I'm still waiting for some tests.

I had an incredibly complete exam today. They looked at everything but nads.

What symptoms are you experiencing that led you to seek such a comprehensive examination?

........................................................................

#12 2017-11-14 06:18:31

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Sockpuppet wrote:

What symptoms are you experiencing that led you to seek such a comprehensive examination?

Phil doesn't like to use his words. What an autist

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#13 2017-11-14 06:31:02

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Phil, I looked up this test. I see that it is used in the diagnosis of illnesses that can be very serious. I hope all turns out good for you and that you have many more healthy years ahead. No troll.

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#14 2017-11-14 06:35:54

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Sockpuppet wrote:

What symptoms are you experiencing that led you to seek such a comprehensive examination?

He generally doesn't answer questions like this. He likes to be a man of mystery.

........................................................................

#15 2017-11-14 06:38:23

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Sockpuppet wrote:

What symptoms are you experiencing that led you to seek such a comprehensive examination?

Worms.

........................................................................

Phillip_McCavity
#16 2017-11-14 18:33:21

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Sockpuppet wrote:

What symptoms are you experiencing that led you to seek such a comprehensive examination?

I have amyloidosis. They needed to assess internal organ involvement.

They didn't find it, so I had a localized outbreak. They tell me no lifespan change, nothing to worry about.

The light chain test is needed to make sure that I don't have cancer. If that comes out positive they will biopsy my bone marrow. So for the dots who wish me harm, its still possible.

It has been an interesting couple of weeks after getting the diagnosis.

........................................................................

Phillip_McCavity
#17 2017-11-14 18:38:45

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

BTW, this was found in my skin. The number one takeaway is to get a skin cancer check. You get to hang out naked in front of strangers. Its great.

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#18 2017-11-15 00:20:14

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Phillip_McCavity wrote:

I have amyloidosis. They needed to assess internal organ involvement.

They didn't find it, so I had a localized outbreak. They tell me no lifespan change, nothing to worry about.

The light chain test is needed to make sure that I don't have cancer. If that comes out positive they will biopsy my bone marrow. So for the dots who wish me harm, its still possible.

It has been an interesting couple of weeks after getting the diagnosis.

Thank you for the info. Please see post #13. No troll. I hope all is well. You’re a good guy.

........................................................................

#19 2017-11-15 00:35:06

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

fluegelhorn?

........................................................................

#20 2017-11-15 00:44:48

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Phillip_McCavity wrote:

So for the dots who wish me harm, its still possible.

........................................................................

Phillip_McCavity
#21 2017-11-15 02:04:19

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Sockpuppet wrote:

Thank you for the info. Please see post #13. No troll. I hope all is well. You’re a good guy.

Thanks, I think everything will be okay.

The diagnosis was sure surprising.

Only 1000 people each year get a diagnosis like this.

........................................................................

#22 2017-11-15 02:43:25

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Phillip_McCavity wrote:

Thanks, I think everything will be okay.

The diagnosis was sure surprising.

Only 1000 people each year get a diagnosis like this.

Great, one more thing Phil's an expert at now

........................................................................

Phillip_McCavity
#23 2017-11-15 21:04:26

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

wrote:

Great, one more thing Phil's an expert at now

You're the one telling me to get treatment.

........................................................................

#24 2017-11-15 21:08:15

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

Phillip_McCavity wrote:

You're the one telling me to get treatment.

I looked up this stuff in it looks like it's just getting old in all but a few rare cases for younger people.

You get old your dna fails to replicate accurately, your proteins don't "fold" correctly and then they accumulate and cause organ and tissue failure over time.

........................................................................

Phillip_McCavity
#25 2017-11-15 21:15:11

Re: Today they gave me a serum free light chain test -- LIGHT CHAIN!!!

wrote:

I looked up this stuff in it looks like it's just getting old in all but a few rare cases for younger people.

You get old your dna fails to replicate accurately, your proteins don't "fold" correctly and then they accumulate and cause organ and tissue failure over time.

Its a bit more serious than that. Someone with systemic primary AL amyloidosis typically dies in about 3 years. It causes something akin to congestive heart failure, but can also cause sudden heart attack.

It also causes liver and kidneys to fail.

Whats weird is that until that happens, there are virtually no symptoms. In other words, most people find out they have it when their kidneys fail or something similarly dramatic happens.

........................................................................

Pages: 1 2